Monday, December 24, 2012

Crossing over

 I have trouble getting the left tongue to cross the midline. In reading right to left the eyes are pulled to the right at the beginning of each sentence presumably with the musculature on the left side of each eye relaxing and the right side of each eye contracting. It feels like my right eye does not want to go all the way to the right but stay in the optimal position to see most of the sentence at once. More in the center. It feels like to get it to see the beginning of a right to left sentence I have to make sure I get all the way to the right.

My left tongue does not feel like it has the ability to tell the right tongue to contract without switching to right tongue mode.  I have no awareness of the left tongue in the right mode so I am presuming that the right tongue dictates to the left to put the right tongue in the most advantageous position to create the sounds it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment