Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Truth is a Half Less Scanned

The Truth is a Pathless Land

From previous post.

We used to believe the two parts of the brain work in harmony, but according to London psychiatrist Iain McGilchrist, there’s a definite shift in our modern culture which favors left-brain dominance—and it’s something we ought to watch out for and correct. In The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World (Yale University Press, 2009), McGilchrist discusses the hemispheres and their different “personalities,” and then shows a sweeping dissertation on the history of Western civilization as seen from the context of the divided brain. - 

Tales from Both Sides of the Brain

Why didn't I 'perceive' the left side of my tongue/throat/head as having the ability to control it's movement and instead perceiving it as one unit? I think for several reasons. One it is more efficient for control.  Two I think it is what I see in most part in others from a very young age. Other people used one half of their faces in a less communicative way and I mimicked what I saw.When I now try and mimic what I see in others with my left half of face to their left half of face there is a feeling that I am connecting with the emotional/thought content expressed. It is an active process with my left side of head.

No comments:

Post a Comment