Thursday, August 27, 2015

The non dominant left eye of Horus

It is still remarkable to me that I do not see the left half of a person's face the way I see the right half. Normally when I look at another face I feel I see right eye to right eye and communicate that way. I see the persona exhibited on the right side and when I check my memory of the person's face it is oriented in the same perspective.. The left side of the face is somehow incomplete. If I stare at he left side of the face I see it but unless there is something remarkable the picture in my mind is incomplete.

When I deliberately try and see with my attention in my left eye to the other person left eye I often do not see the persona in the left half of face. I have to take more time and deliberately scan the left half for much more time and frequently I am not successful. I have to double check that I do just take the right sided image and am substituting for what I see in the left.

Reading a blog recently a poster mentioned that her dominated eye sees in color while her non dominant eye does not. She sees in color normally and from what I gather has to shut her dominant eye to determine that she does not see in color with her non dominant eye. Googling that information linked me to this study. It is suggested that the DE (dominant eye) determines what is seen and probably inhibits what the NDE (non dominant eye) sees in terms of color.

CONCLUSION
The color vision discrimination performance ability was found prominent for DE. This superiority was attributed to higher sensitivity of the r/g local color spectral region. We conclude that DE has priority in r/g color spectral region, probably including inhibition of NDE.
It is suggested in this article describing the eyes of Horus of a difference in the left and right eye meaning,  It comes down in the usual manner of the popular mythology of male/female difference. However what if I look at it from the perspective of dominant/nondominant there is more of an active and passive component.

Together, the eyes represent the whole of the universe, a concept similar to that of the Taoist Yin-yang symbol. Spiritually, the right eye reflects solar, masculine energy, as well as reason and mathematics. The left eye reflects fluid, feminine, lunar energy, and rules intuition and magick. Together, they represent the combined,transcendent power of Horus.

No comments:

Post a Comment