Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Initiating communication with the left side of my head

I am trying to initiate communication with the left side of my head as I talk. The usual way my left side seems to operate is in a passive subordinate way to the right side of my head. It feels like there is some action on the facial muscles on the left but initiated and more pronounced on the right. I can make the facial expressions start on the left but it appears to fatigue easily and it is like I am trying push the musculature through mush. When I try to initiate communication with the left side of my head (tongue,face and eye) I can do it poorly but the right side is held in a almost flaccid position. It suggests a couple of things to me. In normal right sided speech my left side has learned a little but is largely subordinate. In the left sided speech the only way I can do it is for the right side to give up it's dominant pattern at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment