Friday, November 1, 2013

Old friends I never met

I have had recently two one occasions where I have run into people after my connecting with my left eye to their left eye have thought I was someone else. They have started talking to me as if we were old friends. On the first occasion there seem to be a need to correct the person that she did not know me. She stared in surprise at me for a minute then realized she was mistaken. Another gentleman also started a conversation as we were old friends.  There seem to be no immediate cause  to interrupt and in a way it felt rude of me to correct his misperception.  I let the conversation go on longer than it should but it was very friendly so hopefully no major faux pas was committed.

I think in both cases they were other factors than the left eye connection in their misidentification but my sense is it that it helped seal the deal.




No comments:

Post a Comment