Sunday, November 30, 2014

One at a time if I please

If I am trying to use my left eye to see the persona on the left side of another person, my attention on the left dominates the use of my right. In those moments of time I am unclear what the right of both the person I am seeing and what my right eye is doing. It is not that my right stops seeing but it feels to resemble how I use my left eye in normal day to to day activities. In order to see a persona on the left using my left eye the right side of the other person disappears in my mind. There is a real tendency for me to drift back to the right side of most people's faces as that is the side that seems more communicative. The left side of others often appears to be more expressionless.  When I drift back to focus on the right I lose the left.  I don't seem to be able to see the persona of others reflected in their faces in a bilateral way but with a focus of one side or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment