Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Postulate 3 & 4

3) I learned to use my right tongue in a dominate fashion mimicking others primarily my parents but society as well for the use in speech. It also how that they related to me.

4) I normally read the right side of a person's face especially the right eye in a right eye to right eye contact and neglect the left eye and face

Postulates 

In the 18th century, the poet Edward Young asked if "we were all born originals, why is it that so many die copies?"


Before I discovered my left tongue I began to notice that I do not actually see another person's left eye.  (Interesting  just on TV  interviewing 2 people side by side in different locations both right side of the faces lit while the left in shadow). It remains at the periphery of my consciousness normally. I believe I learned to relate right eye to right eye. In a sense I know at some level that I am speaking to the other person's right side and that is how the other person relates to me. I often now try to see a person's left eye with my left eye. It appears to me most of the time that the left side is not the side that is communicating verbally back to me.

Meltzoff & Moore

A long-standing puzzle in developmental psychology is how infants imitate gestures they cannot see themselves perform (facial gestures). Two critical issues are: (a) the metric infants use to detect cross-modal equivalences in human acts and (b) the process by which they correct their imitative errors.




If I learned to imitate on an unconscious level did I learn to communicate verbally right side to right side? It would be feedback back and forth between my parents and me at first.

Increased lefties with blindness

The percentages of left-handedness were 18.23% and 17.02% in male and female blind children, and 11.02% and 7.52% in male and female sighted children, respectively. It can be stated that sighting is important in the development of normal typical cerebral lateralisation or hand preference.


Since it is not 50% it would not seem that the visual feedback loop could be the only cause.

 Why lefties rare

Two Northwestern University researchers now report that a high degree of cooperation, not something odd or sinister, plays a key role in the rarity of left-handedness. They developed a mathematical model that shows the low percentage of lefties is a result of the balance between cooperation and competition in human evolution.

Autism and lefties

A test of handedness in a sample of 20 autistic children and 25 normal children revealed marked differences. The frequency of non-right-handedness in normal children was 12%, whereas it was 65% in autistic children. The significance of this difference for the etiology of autism is discussed

Possible connection to autism and mimicking


I believe I learned to connect right eye to right eye as cued in that was the half of me that my parents were communicating with. I learned to make the communication back using the right eye and tongue leaving the left eye and tongue in a more subordinate role. In a way I think my left side in way is almost autistic. I cannot hold a beat with my left hand among other things. In a right handed society I can get by(just barely). Others may be more naturally balanced.


No comments:

Post a Comment