Friday, February 8, 2013

Playing with the left eye

To sleep perchance to fish

The two halves of a dolphin’s brain can sleep in shifts, “shutting down” one at a time so that the animal is always half-awake. They can truly sleep with one eye open, an essential skill for an animal that has to be constantly watching for predators and timing its breaths. 


The article brings up the point that the dolphin eyes are on thr sides of their head while mine

my eyes

are somewhat more in the middle. On occasion I get the feel that I can make the left eye dominant which in a way feels like I switched over to the left. What switches over I do not know and I don't know if I want to ask that question. But the use of myself feels different than normal.

Stolen from the comments 

"I believe I speak for the entire human race when I say, 'Holy fuck,'" said Oceanographic Institute director Dr. James Aoki, noting that the dolphin has a cranial capacity 40 percent greater than that of humans. "That's it for us monkeys." 

No comments:

Post a Comment