Friday, February 22, 2013

Talking with my mouth full

“See here, Jonathan,” said his father, not unkindly. “Winter isn’t far away. Boats will be few, and the surface fish will be swimming deep. If you must study, then study food, and how to get it. This flying business is all very well, but you can’t eat a glide, you know. Dont’t you forget that the reason you fly is to eat”

Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach.



Eating lunch yesterday I wanted to try talking with a full mouth. Reflexively I switched the bolus to the left side of the tongue. I felt like I limited the left tongue instinctively in a sense stabilized it so the right tongue had the freedom to talk.  I then switched to left tongue mode and moved the the bolus to the right on purpose. It seem to clarify some the way I instinctively use my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment