Monday, December 24, 2012

Talking to myself

Thinking about Dr Wigans book.

The Duality of the Mind

He argues that is good for one hemisphere to be dominant in order to progress through life in a structured way. My feeling is that I need more symmetry. I wonder when I do my negative talk to myself is it my left cerebral hemisphere (right body) talking to my right cerebral hemisphere (left body) and telling it how fucked up it is. My right hemisphere not being able to respond in words is not able to say relax, take it easy, live , enjoy life and others. It takes the negativity and believes it.

His theory resonates more with me than my limited understanding of the current view of the mind and psyche, but I am beginning to think my right hemisphere (left tongue) is beginning to be able talk back.

No comments:

Post a Comment