Thursday, December 10, 2015

I shot an elephant in my pajamas, how I got there is the question.

Yesterday I posted a gif I saw on Imgur in the morning by that evening it was on the news. I know I had nothing to do with the viralness of the video but it is remarkable why so many people related to it. Last week another video went viral showing a mother elephant trying to help a baby elephant out of a hole and another mother finally comes along and helps.

I have heard and read throughout my life the 'danger' of anthropomorphizing animal life as one should not interpret animal behavior with human emotions. Disney productions aside I wonder if I don't do the opposite and try to separate human emotions into something special. It certainly makes it easier to have an animal slain then eat it, if I imagine it as unfeeling. (I am an avid meat eater). It is hard for me to look at the orangutan gif and not get the feeling orangutan laughed fell over and basically said "stop it man you're killing me with your trick." Watching the elephants the 'concern' for others comes through. What else could be the motivating factor in my mind? They 'cared' that the baby elephant was stuck. I would go far as to say bees sting when they are mad. Often I am the most idiotic when I get angry over things that can be the most trivial. It is the emotions that drives my actions, then rationalize to justify what I did. One of the largest motivating factors is the fear I have for so many things that I compensate for in so many ways. Again the motivating factor can be very trivial as compared to the outcome.

What does this have to do with the left tongue? I get the feel I did not see what was right in front of my face. I saw and related to the right side of someone else and the left side sort of did not exist. It was there but I only partially related to it. Seeing the perona exhibited in the left side at times and trying to use my left side of face and mimic the emotions expressed often for the tiniest moment tells me I don't really have a clue how I function. Feeling the 'left' tongue/sublingual/throat/facial muscles operate in a new way says to me I can't trust how I know and define myself.

pic of elephant trunk hugs in link


No comments:

Post a Comment