Thursday, December 31, 2015

Deadly dilemma

I was waiting on this book (his website) before I started the previous one.  Read a couple of chapters and now in the dilemma of finishing the second or going back to the first.

Neither book I believe will mention anything resembling my own off the wall hypothesis, but I was wondering if either book would mention Dr. Derakhshan's theory or the study by Carr et al where they demonstrate that the dominant hemisphere can initiate the action of the muscular pairs close to the axial skeleton. My own feeling is that I learned to organize myself in a 'right sided' control way with my musculature close to the axial skeleton. It lead to my right side having greater control and the left more of a stabilization role. Unfortunately, it works out to a greater load and twisting of my axial skeleton to the left as my right had more freedom and range in many if not all movements.

Just looked in the index for "Carr"  in the Right Hand Left Hand book and came up with an interesting side note. "The Scottish surnames Carr and Kerr come from the Gaelic caerr, meaning awkward."

It goes on to mention a famous poem about the fighting abilities of clan Kerr who fought left handed.

But the Kerrs were aye the deadliest foes
That e’er to Englishmen were known
For they were all bred left handed men
And fence [defence] against them there was none

From Google a link

And From left field

A longstanding dream theme of my mine is that I am on the golf course but can't take a back swing to hit the ball. There's a multitude of reasons and scenarios but always the frustrating feeling of not being able to take a swing. Last night I had one where I was able to tee off but only standing on my left foot. I pulled it left of the green but made decent contact.




No comments:

Post a Comment