Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A fly in the ointment

I have no idea what my vocal folds are doing. However the fact they vibrate in response to neuromuscular signals would suggest a different model than I am suggesting with my tongues. I cannot rectify two different processes at this point. It would seem to make more sense that the asymmetry that I feel in the left and right tongues should be present there also. My voice may not be that melodious but I think there is probably not a great difference in my vocal folds symmetry.

Took a walk and wandered aimlessly making crazy noises. My sense of of pitch seems to precede and is separate of vocalization of my words.   I can say a word in a high or low pitch, soundlessly or loud. I am way out of my league as there are probably millions who know more the mechanics of speech than I do. But my new perception of my left tongue still seems to be a different entity than my right 'normal' tongue feel. I do not think I will be able to resolve this disparity of my tongues and the pitch of my vocal folds to any great degree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment