Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Efficient dominatrix communication

Have been playing with my left tongue and even though I cannot control it well,  it feels as if the one sided lateralization is an adaptation to my environment. I have linked these articles below several times.  They do not say what I am feeling or come close to my conclusion.  I believe I picked up the traits of a rightie in my lifetime from my relatively recent play with my left tongue.  I do not think I will be ever achieve a parity in the use of my left and right side or even come close. However my paying attention to the movements of my left side face, throat, eye and tongue suggest to me it is underuse and non differentiation more than something innate. The under representation of left side(right hemisphere) is more due to the efficiency of right sided dominance in our society. I believe it comes from how I learned to connect and communicate with others.

Lefties

EVANSTON, Ill. --- Lefties have always been a bit of a puzzle. Representing only 10 percent of the general human population, left-handers have been viewed with suspicion and persecuted across history. The word “sinister” even derives from “left or left-hand.”
Two Northwestern University researchers now report that a high degree of cooperation, not something odd or sinister, plays a key role in the rarity of left-handedness. They developed a mathematical model that shows the low percentage of lefties is a result of the balance between cooperation and competition in human evolution.

Trunk to mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment